Jefferson Twp., Tipton Co.
Records in the Tipton County Recorder's show: "Archibald Small and wife, Mary A., convey and warrant to Sylvester Turpin, clerk of Tipton Circuit Court and his successors in office this land for the sum on one dollar (approximately 1/2 acre) for the use of public for burying grounds. To be known as the Archibald Small Sr. burying grounds." May 18, 1857 Prior to this, many burials on Archibald's land had already been made. His first wife, Susanna, is thought to be the first interred.
The cemetery is north of County Road 600S and is reached by a long lane leading to it. Rows are numbered from west to east and stones north to south. Some rows begin indented. Row 10 is dog-legged.
Information on unmarked graves and unidentifiable markers is taken from previous surveys of the cemetery and county death records.