Originally a quarter of an acre in size, Jackson Cemetery was added to on its western edge by the Carter family in 1971 for their own use. The first burial was the 23 month old daughter of Morgan and Sarah Jackson, Frances M., who died August 3, 1861.
On June 28, 1866 Jesse G. Jackson and his wife Hannah deeded to the Trustees of the Regular Predestinarian Baptist Church of Christ land including the original quarter acre graveyard. At one time a small wooden church stood on the east side of the cemetery.
Before being used as a cemetery, a log schoolhouse was situated on the site. Members of the Old Poplar Grove Baptist Church held their meetings in the building also.
Jackson Cemetery is still an active one. The use of the cemetery is very limited however. All records were destroyed by a fire some years ago.
January 12, 2015 Major update to all notes
A-New | Par-Z | Probable Burials | Cemetery Map