It is impossible to write about a subject
when one does not know much about it. But anyway, here goes. All things known
today about the Vawter family Cemetery is the result of the fine work of the D.A.R.
done in 1978.
According to their research, ownership of the property surrounding
the twelve by thirty foot cemetery left the Vawter family July,
1883 when it was transferred to Caswell and Emily Morrison. The cemetery,
however, remained the property of Elizabeth (Vawter) Wright at
that time. The cemetery is mentioned twice again in December, 1884
and August, 1894 title transfers. It was omitted in a February, 1896 and
subsequent transfers. To make a long story short: nothing remains to mark
Relatives of the Vawter family interviewed
by the D.A.R. remember four or five stones that disappeared after the
possession of the land left the Vawter family.
So, who is buried here? All sources are in agreement
that James M. Vawter and his wife Irena are interred here. It is plausible
that their infant children and grandchildren may be buried here.
Perhaps friends or nearby neighbors might be buried here
The cemetery lies north of county road 450 N between
1000 and 1100 W.